Monday, February 17

Medlar, Chelsea

Medlar in Chelsea is a French, one Michelin star restaurant yet it could not be more different from Gauthier. This restaurant is much more relaxed; I heard a baby in the back of the restaurant, I didn't feel like I had to whisper and the waiters even wore their own clothes.  The atmosphere was wonderful, more inviting, open and friendly. I immediately felt at ease and the service was absolute perfection.

Looking at the menu, I could have eaten eveything. Medlar offer a 3 course lunch, with choice from the entire menu, at just £27. Incredible value for this level of cooking.

It was difficult, but we decided in the end. I think we did a pretty fantastic job.

We started with crab raviolo and samphire, brown shrimps, a fondue of leeks and bisque sauce.


restaurants in london

Then the exquisite duck egg tart with red wine sauce, turnip purée, lardons and sautéed duck heart.


michelin star restaurants in london

For mains, we had the stunning and delectable monkfish with roast baby gem, squash panzerotti, romesco, marjoram and pancetta beurre noisette.


top restaurants in london

And the best vegetarian main meal I've ever had in my life, wild mushroom and vacherin tart with autumn truffle, globe artichoke and quail egg salad. 

LOOK AT ALL THAT TRUFFLE. £27. £7.


restaurants in london

For dessert, we chose prune and armagnac ice cream with ricciarelli. A boozy, delicious treat.
best restaurants in london

And I obviously had to get some chocolate in there….Chocolate pavé with malt ice cream and barley brittle 


restaurants london

It's only February, and already this meal will go down as one of the best I've had this year, and one of my favourite restaurants ever. Everything was perfect and I could not fault the food at all. One of the best michelin star restaurants in london I have ever visited.

An absolute must. It is a dream of a restaurant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...