Tuesday, October 7

The Modern Pantry, Clerkenwell

I had a bit of a failed brunch on my actual birthday (this was back in July), so I was determined to go for some proper good brunch on a gorgeously sunny Saturday. Where else but the Modern Pantry?




My favourite dish, so different and packed with huge flavour - rendang mince on toast with a cripy egg, chilli lime dressing, spring onion, coriander and crispy ginger. I didn't think I'd be a fan of mince in the morning but it so works.



(If you can't tell from the glare of the plates, it was so hot that day that by the end of brunch I needed a shower.)

We also had grilled cornbread with poached eggs, chorizo, avocado, charred sweetcorn and red pepper salsa. Equally delicious, but not as different as the rendang which had that wow factor!


Then (because pancakes just have to be had somewhere at brunch) we had the raspberry and ricotta pancakes, berry and liquorice compote with creme fraiche.




Service was a tad spotty, but I put that down to just one poor guy working the whole outside section, and we chose to sit in the furthest corner, so everyone else got to him first. But anyway, it was delicious and all memories of my failed brunch on my actual birthday faded away.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...