Wednesday, May 6

The Ultimate Tasty Green Smoothie!

I've finally cracked it. 

I've made a green smoothie that is actually delicious - and still healthy! 

I call it the ultimate, tasty, green smoothie!


green smoothie

Recipe after the jump!



I went to New York a couple of weeks ago and ate far too much food. Really. It was gluttony at its worse.

So I decided on a complete health week to detox. No going out, no alcohol. Just fresh and healthy foods. I've been trying green smoothies for a while, as it's a great way to get an extra dose of vegetables in your day, but I always found it difficult to get the perfect balance of vegetables and fruit - sometimes too green and sometimes too fruity. Too much fruit = too much sugar! Not so healthy anymore. But too green and it ended up tasting like garden.

But finally I think I cracked it!

It's so GREEN!

And it was actually so delicious!

So here you go:

Serves 2/3

-1 apple
-1 kiwi
-1 large handful of kale
-1/4 cucumber
-1/4 fennel
-1cm ginger
-1 cup coconut water (feel free to use fresh filtered water instead)
-1 1/4 cup almond milk
-large bunch of mint
-squeeze of lime

optional
-1 tbsp chia seeds
-1 tsp almond butter

Simply chuck it all into a blender and blend for about a minute until smooth! 

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...