Sunday, June 21

Pear, Spinach and Avocado Smoothie

I'm making it a mission to find the best tasting green smoothies out there, with enough vegetables that still make them super healthy. My previous "Ultimate Green Smoothie" went down a treat, but I think I might have an even better one here! 

Healthy smoothie

This smoothie is thicker and creamier, less of a juice consitency, than my ultimate green smoothie. This is down to the creamy avocado, my new favourite thing to put inside a smoothie!

Spinach is less bitter than kale so it automatically makes the smoothie sweeter. Spinach also blends much more finely than kale, which makes a smoother texture. If you prefer kale in your smoothies, then substitute it exactly. The only fruit I include are 2 small, ripe, sweet pears. Make sure your pears are soft and ripe before using as this is when they are at their sweetest.

Makes 2 1/2 glasses

2 ripe small pears
1 avocado
Handul of spinach
1 cup coconut water
knob of ginger
loads of mint leaves (to taste!)
1 lime
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp wheatgrass

Chuck it all in the blender and mix! Have one with breakfast, and another as a snack to keep the sweet cravings at bay.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your healthy yet delicious recipe with us here. I love to include Green drink in my regular diet. It keeps me fresh and I also make sure that I am taking proper vitamins and minerals for good health.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...