Wednesday, August 7

Homeslice

A little brag to be made. I had Homeslice when it came from a stall in Netil Market and also when they popped up in Browns of Brockley. I am a Homeslice fan from the beginning so this was always going to be great.



I headed to their bricks and mortar home in Neal's Yard, Covent Garden to pick up a slice. It was a gorgeous sunny day and the front windows had all been thrown open, giving a lovely inside/outside Mediterranean feel.



They change their menu on a fairly regular basis, always including some garlic based pizzas, classic tomato and some cream based ones.
Unfortunately, they only have a select few pizzas available by the slice. I really wanted to try the ox tail one, but I just couldn't eat a 20 inch pizza by myself, so instead I went for a slice of the garlic and lemon based artichoke and courgette pizza.



Really flavoursome and lovely. Fresh and garlicy, but not too strong that I felt I would keep away vampires for the rest of the day. They really are some of the best pizzas I've ever had.

They will do a 20 inch pizza with a half n half of toppings, so you can try more than one kind, or share with someone. I will definitely be doing that soon!

Prosecco is on tap, the wine comes in a magnum and they simply measure how much you've drank and charge you accordingly. Pretty cheap stuff. Just don't drink the whole thing, that will set you back £44.

The slices are pretty large and mine filled me up nicely! For only £4 a slice and £20 for a 20 inch, it's a steal.



Get yourself down there and support these great guys who make really fantastic pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...