Thursday, August 28

Barbados.

Before you say anything, I know I am one very very lucky girl.

Way way back in May - blogging has taken a backseat lately - I went to Barbados with one of my best friends.

I knew just from where we were staying that we were in for a treat. It turned out to be one of the holidays of a lifetime. It is bursting with beauty and the people are so friendly and wonderful.


I swam with sea turtles, went on a rum-filled cruise and ate as much sea food as I could possibly fit into my tummy, saw sands whiter than white and a sea the most perfect crystal blue.


I've just posted my favourite pictures from what we did including my favourite restaurants we visited, a boat cruise I would most DEFINITELY recommend and my favourite sites to see. 


Take a look at paradise. 




We saw the most incredible sunsets.





















Enjoying a rum and coke (what else?!) on the balcony.



Home cooked meals of tradition Kingfish from the Caribbean with a sweet sauce and, below, flying fish. Champagne was most definitely called for.





We took a tour of the island and saw some of the sites. The tip of the island. The easiest way to explore as much as possible is to go on a tour, it's the cheapest and quickest way. Although buses are easy, they're not too reliable and taxis cost a bomb!










A visit to the caves underneath.












The zoo, where turtles, monkeys and deer are free to wander.









A night out....




Another night out....



At restaurant Tapas, where we ate Shark (shh don't tell anyone).




The most DELICIOUS fresh coconut water martini.




The next night, this time at the Barbados branch of Chelsea restaurant, Daphne's.



This time a watermelon martini!






My absolute favourite thing we did was take a boat trip, with Jammin Cats catamaran cruises! Basically a bit of a rum-fuelled cruise, with swimming with sea turtles on the side.










And for our last night we splashed out at Tides.



Seafood seafood seafood!






The best end to an incredible holiday. Hopefully see you soon Barbados.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...