Friday, August 29

A Quick Weekend Getaway to Almeria, Spain

Desperately in need on sun and a recharge, we looked up flash holiday deals on Wednesday....and Friday that week we were away to Almeria in Spain. 

I immediately spotted the Central Mercardo, my favourite place in Valencia if you remember. I was once again in heaven. Jamon as far as the eye can see, boqueones, wines, salted fish and fruits as big as my face.






My boyfriend is such an addict to Jamon Iberico, he bought a shoulder of ham and took it home with him - as in back to England. In his suitcase. Hand luggage, I might add.



The incredible view from our terrace.




We knew we were in for a winner when we discovered that most people and tourists in Almeria seemed to be Spanish, which is always a very good sign.

And my absolute favourite restaurant of the weekend, and possibly in my top restaurants of all time, is Casa Puga in Almeria town.

So old, no reservations, no English. Wine and sherry everywhere, Jamon everywhere. People mingling and crowding the bar - the atmosphere is incredible. We told the owner, just bring us your best dishes. And what followed was an absolute feast!





Bottle of wine from 2008 for €12...



Jamon Iberico.



Boquerones, chiperones.



Octopus (Pulpo).






We went for a wander and in the main square was a free flamenco performance. She gave me goosebumps, she was mesmerising.






The perfect weekend getaway.






He looks pretty relaxed, don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...