Thursday, January 28

Healthy Hummus with a Twist

I just created my best hummus recipe and so I obvs had to immediately share it.

Hummus has always been a staple for me. I always have tahini and lemons at home, so when I can't be bothered to cook at night and I'm so hungry I just grab a can of chickpeas, some carrots and cucumbers and rye bread and make a huge bowl. It takes 2 minutes and it's a great healthy alternative to a takeaway or snacking.





As you can see, mine is slightly green. This is the twist! The secret is....spinach. I wanted to add more greens to my hummus so I threw in a couple of spinach leaves and it made the hummus that much better.


Here's what you need:

1 400g can chickpeas
2 tbsp tahini
1/2 cup water
handful of spinach
2 cloves garlic
5 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 2 lemons
Pinch of cumin
Salt and Pepper
Pinch of chilli flakes (just to top)

Chuck everything (I mean everything) into a food processor and whizz up! It's that easy! If you like it creamier you can add more water, but for me this is the perfect consistency.

Place in a bowl and drizzle with some olive oil and a sprinkling of chilli flakes for a little kick. Eat with crackers, rye bread, carrots and/or cucumbers! Whatever you fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...