Monday, October 12

The Best Healthy 3 Ingredient Pancakes!

I have seen so many 2 or 3-ingredient pancake recipes around. They seem too good to be true, pictures of fluffy pancakes, using only banana and egg. I decided to do my research and test them out for myself and see just how they turned out.




I think I created a recipe that's even better than most I've seen. They are protein packed, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free! They have the simplest addition to the recipe that I've never seen online! Even my banana-hating boyfriend loved these pancakes. I think that says something.


I started using a 2-ingredient recipe. The classic banana and egg. This turned out too thin for me, and too banana-y.

I then added some baking powder, which some recipes recommend to make the pancake fluffier. It helped but I still found it too runny and thin for my tastes. I needed something to thicken, but didn't want to add another egg or banana.

I rummaged through the cupboards and found......almond butter!!! It thickens the mixture perfectly and adds a subtle almond flavour which turns down the banana ever so slightly, so even if you're not super into 

So, here is my crazily simple 3-ingredient pancakes that are the BEST you will taste.

You will need:

1/3 to 1/2 cup of mashed banana
2 eggs
1/8 tsp of baking powder
1 tbsp of crunchy almond butter

Toppings:
cacao nibs
dark chocolate chips
desiccated coconut
blueberries
extra almond butter
maple syrup
honey
basically anything you want

Throw all the ingredients into a bowl and mix using a hand blender. Personally I wanted the smoothest batter, but if you want a chunkier batter, using a fork to mix is fine.

Heat some butter or olive oil in a pan. Once the pan is hot, ladle the mixture in and add any chunky toppings at this point into the mixture. I added cacao nibs and some dessicated coconut. 

Flip after about 1 or 2 minutes, depending on how hot your pan is, or once it is browning nicely.

Then once the other side is brown, take it out of the pan and start stacking! Keep repeating until you've used all the mixture. Add your chosen toppings and serve!!

A simple, healthy, inexpensive treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...