Saturday, July 20

#Truckstop

The guys behind Streatfeast (which has started again at Dalston Yard), Ginstock and most recently Ribstock are back again with another street food heaven. Truckstop is found in Wood Wharf, offering stunning views of Canary Wharf, the first Thursday and Friday of August and September.
Brilliant food courtesy of all kinds of street food trucks, a bar courtesy of Rotary Bar & Diner with craft beer and pint-sized cocktails and a Taco Shack by Breddo's Tacos, all with added #vibes of course, make this an epic night of food and fun. I went with my two besties and we were determined to try most of what was on offer.

We started with a veggie sushi roll from newcomers to the streetfood scene Maki Matcha.



Yummy, but not as good as the chicken one would have been I'm sure. Little disappointed to find there was no fish version, but I guess that's their selling point.

Then we went on to Anna Mae's incredible Mac and Cheese.


We just had the original with no toppings, but it was so delicious even without pesto and crispy bacon on top. In fact it was so good, we went back for a second tub later....


Then we had Cheeky Italian's Meatloaf Dog. A half pork half beef meat loaf, with a fontana cheese centre in the middle all in a tomato sauce. This was my absolute favourite of the night!!




I did want to try some of the fried chicken that was on offer, but Spit and Roast, Motherclucker and Funky Chicken all had the longest queues of the night. I'm not entirely sure what the craze is for fried chicken at the moment, but I wasn't prepared to wait an hour to get my food when there was plenty more choice to be had!! Hopefully next time I can try.

Then we had some chaat from Jhal Murie Express. My friends got super excited about this because he was recently featured on Rick Stein's India. I have never had chaat before, but I can tell you it was very good.




Next up was some pizza from Born and Raised. We went for goat's cheese, caramelised red onions and watercress on a beetroot infused dough. Extremely good stuff.



Purple dough from the beetroot!



We sat with views out over the docks and the Wharf and had a break before dessert came.




We started with the Dognuts from FishDog. Basically really really incredible light and fluffy Spanish churros (almost like a long doughnut pastry) with the best salted caramel sauce. I nearly didn't get a picture we scoffed them so quickly.


And finally we had frozen yoghurt, from a great little truck I've never seen before that uses actual frozen fruit and combines it with yoghurt to create a frozen yoghurt. It leaves the yoghurt with the most potent flavour and some chunky bits of fruit left in. We had the mango and strawberry flavours.


The machine they use to make the froyo. 
Very happy customers!!
The sun started to set and the buildings came alive.


Such a beautiful setting for a food fest.

If I've tempted you to go to the next one of the 1st and 2nd August, a little tip. Tickets cost £10 and if you book online in advance you get that £10 back in truckstop dollars to spend at the bar!


I'm definitely going back for more!!


Oh yeah, she touched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...