Wednesday, December 3

Honest Burgers Breakfast, Liverpool Street

Those working in the City have a plethora of burger option breakfast, what with Patty & Bun and Street Kitchen and now Honest Burgers. Some may call it slightly copycat, but Honest Burgers, who have recently opened their latest outpost in Liverpool Street, have started doing breakfast till 10am. 



Now I've never been a big fan of Honest Burgers. They're too dry in my opinion, one of the greatest of all burger sins. Just give me a plate of the rosemary fries and save the burger, thanks. Patty & Bun are far far superior.

BUT I was keeping an open mind for breakfast.

It looks a little something like this…..


Great prices, and great bottomless Caravan coffee.


I went for the Honest Muffin.

best burger restaurant

Honest Burgers

Pork and sage sausage patty from the Ginger Pig, fried egg, black pudding, cheese, ketchup in a toasted muffin.

Best burger in London

Oh, Honest. It was good, yes, but once again I found it too dry! Once the ketchup had been eaten, I was left eating a dry sausage patty and muffin. A little cloying if I'm honest.

And then, the killer. What really disappointed me:


My fried egg wasn't runny!! A crime in a breakfast burger!!

Patty & Bun wins this round.

However, a saving grace. The rosemary salted are absolutely fantastic. I would go for breakfast for these alone. They are a revelation. For that, I commend them.

 


Honest. Not an easy relationship, but I'm willing to give this one another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...