Tuesday, June 18

Oh I do like to be beside the Seaside....

On a recent sunny weekend, my sister and I took the opportunity to spend the day in Brighton!!

Deck chairs ahoy.




Brighton's train station
First thing's first we headed straight for a cafe. And you thought I was going to say the beach. Oh no, we have our priorities straight. We's already done research into the independent coffee shop scene in Brighton and luckily there were plenty of places to choose from!!

We headed to Marwoods, seduced by their promises of "Kick-arse coffee and life-changing cake". An eccentric-looking place with an eclectic decor of crazy posters, mismatch furniture (including old Mac computer for stools and old doors as tables) and slightly creepy dolls....






But pretty great, right?!

Coffee was pretty kick-arse. They live up to that one. The selection of cakes and pastries was impressive, they all looked incredible.



We had a peach, halloumi and balsamic salad for some healthy to balance the cake. Very refreshing for a Summer's day. One I shall be recreating!



Cake chosen, for me a HUGE brownie with white chocolate chunks and a white chocolate, lime and courgette - yes courgette - cake.

My brownie was life-changing, I won't lie. I did have a little epiphany. It was a little underbaked I reckon, (not a bad thing at all! Just how I love them and how I bake them myself) because it was unbelievably moist and gooey. I don't think I've ever had a gooey-er brownie and I've had a lot of brownies. It was incredible. Unless of course they just have the recipe for the most gooey brownie ever, in which case I need that recipe. The white chocolate chunks were harder, so lended to a delicious change in texture.




The cake was tasty, but a little on the heavy side as it was quite dense in texture and therefore very filling. Also I couldn't taste much of the courgette, which is a shame as I was excited to see how that would work. Slice was huge though too, which also could have helped to filling us up so much of course!!



With happy tummies we headed to the beach!!

Brighton is so cool. It has so many cute vintage and independent shops. When I decorate my house I am buying everything from the shops in Brighton. So many cute things for decorating and for crafts.


I CAN SEE THE SEA!!!





It reminds me a bit of York, with all the cute shops and indies, a little of a small town or village, with its small winding streets and tiny houses and a little of East London, with all its cool.

Plus...it has the sea. So perfect.






It was so relaxing to breathe sea air and just sunbathe.






There are so many cute things to be seen walking along the sea front.

The famous bandstand with couples dancing:








Own made cakes, anyone?



The expensive part, Brighton's bit of Notting Hill.






Sadly, after exploring the shops, it was time to head back to the looming clouds in London, as could be seen from the train.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...