Monday, June 24

The London Particular, New Cross

The London Particular has earnt a place on the Good Coffee app, so I knew this was going to be good.

My sister and I headed there for my breakfast, her brunch. This small, unassuming little place was full of charm and quirk with a giant wooden table at the back for spaces for a few people to sit all around and a large window behind letting light flood in. The place welcomes you with a counter at the front with a few take away goodies, like cookies, cakes and savoury mini pizzas and frittatas. A tiny kitchen sits behind the counter setting the scene: we serve good, homemade food here!



The coffee was delicious and really beautiful!! An exclusive blend by Higgins, it wasn't too strong but hit the right spot. 


Particular is open for breakfast and lunch weekdays and then also dinner at weekends. They serve the usual granola, their version of a full English, different kinds of sandwiches and salads. We couldn't decide whether to go sweet or savoury, so we went both. We ordered a homemade berry brioche with homemade strawberry jam. It was utterly delicious. Warm and soft and full of sweet flavour and they presented it in the best way I think I've ever seen food being presented - on an old, patterned tile! Definitely stealing this idea for future dinner parties and food photos.


She looks far better in the mornings than I do!! 
I then ordered the big one. A boiled egg with homemade baked beans, spinach, grilled tomato and grilled Spanish sausages on sourdough. It was lovely, the sausages were so tasty (I love that they grilled them) and ohmygod I need the recipe for those baked beans! I'm never going to be able to eat tinned ever again. They were packed full of slightly spicy tomato flavour, with some small chunks of tomato throughout. My only little tiny gripe would be that my egg could have been runnier. But I do like my eggs about 3 seconds away from being raw. Besides that, the dish definitely hit the Sunday morning spot.


My sister had roast garlic mushrooms with spinach and goat's cheese on sourdough. I didn't get to taste it, but she made all the right noises and it looked and smelled amazing.


A cute little hangout, with a relaxed and homely atmosphere, definitely make your way down if you're in the area! I wish it was closer to central London, but now I know it's within walking distance of where my sister lives, I shall be heading here much more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...