Friday, April 5

Boardroom Fashion


I am very very excited to announce I have an interview next week!! First reactions after the phone call: 1. YAAAAAY. 2. OMG WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?!

That is my natural second reaction to most things though, so it's not unusual. But this time it's even more important to look great. It got me thinking that when I start working, I'm going to need all these cute, smart outfits every day. Luckily the type of fashion I envisage wearing at work is my favourite style of dressing: elegant, smart with a hint of sexy. Power dressing. I love a blazer, I love a crisp shirt and I love a tapered trouser. Wearing these clothes just as every day wear, not work or evening wear, in the suburb I live in, however, makes you stand out like a sore thumb. I don't like being a sore thumb. So getting a legitimate reason to wear these kinds of clothes every day makes me SO EXCITED!

I have put together a guide on some great clothes I think are perfect for the world of work.



Fashion in the Workplace




Mango sheer skull blouse / Zara blazer / Zara blazer / ASOS high waisted skirt, / Zara cropped pants / Topshop jacquard pants / Topshop jacquard pants / Zara wool pants / Zara lining shoes / Zara lining shoes


The best way to have fun with your wardrobe at work is to include colour. A bright pop of colour using either a bright blazer, patterned trousers or bright shoes (not all at once!) really elevates your look, but still appears smart and in line with dress codes.

Keep the shirts crisp in white or black. A simple shirt works as the basis for your outfit and use colourful pieces around it. This black shirt from Mango, £35, may look boring, but it has a top gold button in the shape of a skull. It’s all in the detail.

Trouser and skirt lengths are very important too. Skinny cigarette trousers have been around for quite a while and show no signs of going out any time soon, so invest in a great pair. I love these patterned baroque style Topshop trousers, £40, or these pink Zara trousers, £40. Midi skirts are also having a moment, this ASOS check skirt, £32, is a bit more fun that your average pencil skirt, with a small slit up the back and a lined slit in the front.

Tapered trousers, i.e. one's that finish at or just above the ankles are a great way to show off your shoes. Wear black trousers if you want to go for these sexy blue Zara pumps, £59, or the black and white Zara pumps, £53, can be worn with brighter trousers or blazers.

Blazers are a staple for any work wardrobe. They finish off the outfit and make it smart enough for an office. If you want to go for a bright blazer, like the white Zara blazer, £80, keep the rest of your outfit muted. A white blazer is an excuse to jump on the monochrome trend right now. A plain black blazer allows you to add colour elsewhere, but this doesn’t mean the blazer itself has to be boring. This black Zara blazer, £85, at first glance might seem plain but if you look closer it has a pocket square, elbow patches and a contrast lining under the lapel.

If you’re unsure of where to begin the most important thing to remember is to keep the look simple. Adding one or two statement pieces will ensure your look is fun but still polished, minimal and appropriate for work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...