Friday, April 5

Fernandez and Wells, Somerset House

The Coffee London app is a great little thing. It tells you where cute, independent coffee shops are that are fairly close to you. It tells you what coffee they serve and gives you directions on a map, great for people like me with no sense of direction.

I went to see the Valentino Haute Couture Gowns exhibition at Somerset House with my sister back in January and much to our surprise, a recommended coffee house was right in the building that we were stood in. So on a cold day, we warmed ourselves up with my favourite thing to do: eat coffee and cake (or as the Germans call it Kaffee und Kuchen).

It is pricey, the total bill for two pieces of cake and two coffees was around £13, but we're in London, what do you expect. They serve Has Bean coffee, which was pretty tasty. Half the café/restarurant is dedicated to Spanish Ham, so if you're even more hungry grab a bite there!! Huge preserved pieces of ham hung from the walls and were also lined up next to the slicers. It looked delicious, I wished I was more hungry!!



They had a very different, usual selection of cakes. Not your usual chocolate brownie in sight. I love chocolate, but I thought this was brilliant as it made us try different things. We had an interesting sounding plum and rosemary cake.


It may have been expensive but as you can see the portion was huge!! It filled both of us up so much. It was a very dense cake, I'm not sure it had been made with flour, and you could really taste the rosemary coming through. It was a real treat!!

They have another branch in Soho and I know there are a load of good cafés round that way, but take a break from your usual Flat White coffee or Foxcroft and Ginger and give Fernandez and Wells a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...