Thursday, April 4

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

I have oily skin so I'm very prone to breakouts. Over the years I have discovered a few tricks to help tackle and target spots. My usual spot treatment is Clinique's Spot Healing Gel, however a friend introduced me to La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo, Anti-Imperfection Care.
You hear a lot about how these French branded drug-store beauty products are great, like Vichy and Bioderm, but I have never tried them. I will admit I am quite snooty when it comes to makeup and my skin. I like buying from a over a counter, not in a pharmacy, which I am working really hard to get over!



Image from laroche-posay.com

You can purchase from Boots, £13.

So this is one of my first steps on the road to drug-store redemption, see also: Revlon Lip Butters and Max Factor Mascaras.

Now my friend has acne prone skin and acne scars, which I don't have, and she swore that her skin had really cleared up and her scars had calmed down. So I thought, if it has worked wonders on acne, it must work on my few spots here and there right?! 

You can use it as a treatment under moisturiser morning and or night, or use it like I did directly over imperfections. I put it on an annoying red spot that I have on my cheek at the moment and within a day it has completely dried out. My skin still looks a little red, but the spot definitely no longer exists. 

What is even better about this product is that it is supposedly unclogs sebum-blocked pores (I guess that's how the spot goes down?) and is mattifying too! 
I am like a jackdaw when it comes to mattifying products. I try them all. Since the middle of last year I suddenly developed a very shiny forehead. No idea why, I've had a fringe now for two years so it couldn't have been that. I know my fringe covers the oil slick on my forehead, but it bothers me that it is there and I want to stop the cause of the problem.
Recently I went to get my eyebrows threaded and the first thing the lady said when I pulled my fringe back was "Wow! You have a shiny forehead!" No word of a lie. It was mortifying.

So I have used Estée Lauder's Mattifying Toner - save your money, it doesn't work. And tried all kinds of moisturisers and oils, including Trilogy's Rosehip oil. Nope, no effects.

So I decided to also dab a little of the Effaclar Duo on my forehead and I am shocked. I did not hold high hopes as no mattifying product had, as yet, helped my situation but by the end of the day my forehead is still matte. There is a tiny hint of sheen, but literally that is all it is - a sheen and we are talking a good 12 hours since I put it on. 

Finally!! An product that claims it can mattify - which is not even its main purpose - and OMG it actually can!! That is the best thing about this product, for me. The spot treatment is just a bonus.

So I definitely trust the French brands more in the pharmacy now I have first-hand experience of a product that works great. So gimme more!! Vive la revolution!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...