Friday, April 5

Caravan King's Cross

I'm just going to say it right now. Caravan at King's Cross has the best coffee I've ever tried. They serve their own blend and it is delicious. They have a huge coffee machine, a proper grinder and all sorts of other coffee gadgets and have members of staff go to Costa Rica and other far flung coffee-growing nations to search out new beans, so they don't take coffee lightly either.

Their breakfast/brunch menu is also pretty special. It is different to the usual fare, which is a brilliant thing, I love different. They serve fantastic freshly baked goods everyday to take away or eat in, which unfortunately I didn't have as I was too full from my wonderful breakfast, but I will head there very soon to pick up a pastry or a muffin.

So I had the aubergine purée with poached eggs, soutzouki sausage, yoghurt, sumac, parsley and a slice of toast. 

Now, don't be put off by the way it looks, it does look a bit of a sloppy mess, but it tasted....ohhh it tasted so good. The flavours of the Mediterranean from the sumac and sausage were divine and the eggs were cooked just how I like them, nice and runny.


I will have to get down there for lunch sometime too because their pizzas sound unusual and delicious too, with toppings such as white anchovy, fennel, mascarpone, green pepper and rocket. Judging by how good their breakfasts/brunches are I highly doubt that I'll be let down there.

This place looks incredible. An imposing industrial-esque open space (it is in a converted granary building) is something to behold. Exposed brick, rusted steel and unpolished wood is present thoroughout the decor, it is made for the hipsters - there is the University of the Arts next door after all. My only gripe is the bathroom. It is a shared male and female room. Not just one or two separate unisex toilets, oh no. One room. Multiple cubicles. Men on left, women on right. And believe me, I never want to hear a man go to the bathroom again.

Apart from that mishap, I would definitely return and recommend to anybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...