Saturday, April 6

Original Fry Up Material, Kerb

It occurred to me whilst writing this post that the reason I don't get to Caravan King's Cross as much as I'd like to is because to get to Caravan from the station you must first walk up King's Boulevard. At the very end of the Boulevard is street food Mecca, Kerb. Every Tuesday till Friday, 11am-2pm, there are on rotation 4 or 5 really great street food traders every week. I love me some street food. Street food has become gourmet, gone are the days of greasy burgers out of a van. Now you can get some of the best burgers you will ever try from Bleecker Street Burgers and Lucky Chip. It is good quality, delicious food yet still very cheap.

I am not ashamed to say I have tried nearly every trader of Kerb King's Cross. They have two more trading stations now, one at the bottom of the Gherkin and one at Moorgate - haven't tried some of those guys yet.

A trader I had not yet tried but had wanted to for so long was Original Fry Up Material, or OFM. In short they basically do better versions (obviously) of McDonald's McMuffins. But they are not just better, oh no, they are on a whole other planet of deliciousness. For my first go (and believe me I will be back) I ordered an MB Muffin, which consisted of sausage, egg and cheese in a muffin. Not just any sausage meat, however, but sausage meat packed with delicious herbs and spices and muffin bread spead with some kind of tomatoey spicey(ish) sauce. JUST LOOK AT IT:



I'm drooling just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...