Sunday, April 7

The Table Café, Southwark

Going for breakfast is the new going for dinner. In my book anyway. I loooove breakfasts. I am begrudgingly telling you my favourite weekend brunch spot since it already gets so busy on the weekends (no reservations), but it is just too good not to tell you guys about. One of my favourite spots for both a savoury and a sweet breakfast is The Table. Decent coffee (just wish the new cup sizes were bigger) and great smoothies, it's a great way to start the day.

My favourite savoury dish they do is the The Table Stack - chorizo and ham hock baked beans on a toasted bagel with two poached eggs and hollandaise - to be honest anything with their gloriously runny poached eggs (nearly as good as my mother's) and their divine hollandaise sauce is a winner, Benedict, Florentine and Royale all included.

My favourite sweet dish, however is this beauty right here



Buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup, crispy bacon and caramelised banana. The perfect mix of salty and sweet, it is delicious. I am a sucker for anything with maple syrup though, God bless those Canadians, so it is my perfect breakfast. And you know, banana makes it healthy, right?

They have recently changed their brunch menu to add in some more savoury items and a new one is the mixed grill. Yes this plate (board) is just for one person:




Yeah, you're not going to be eating anything for another week. 

The steak, with giant salt crystals on, is one of the best steaks I've ever had. And I don't really enjoy steak that much, so that's saying something. This picture was taken the first weekend it was introduced and since then I have seen that they have made the portion smaller which in reality is better since less will be wasted, but it is now presented on a plate and no longer has the magic of this gargantuan board here. The price of the dish hasn't changed either, which is a little disappointing.

Nevertheless, I won't stop visiting for my favourite pancakes. Which reminds me I haven't been in a while....must get on that.

If you go, let them know on twitter what you think! @thetablecafe, they love interacting with their customers and appreciate the feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...