Thursday, April 4

Chilli Chocolate Cake

I just made this chilli chocolate cake and I had to share the finished product.



Recipe here: Chilli, chocolate, salt and tequila cake.

It tastes divine! Really smooth and moist with a nice punch of chilli at the end of a mouthful. I served mine with raspberries, but you can add more tequila at the end. I wasn't ready to get my family that drunk, however.

I didn't take any photos of the process, because honestly it didn't look right and I thought it was going to be a disaster. Once the eggs were added to the bowl it became a strange almost caramel-like texture, so quite viscous and nothing like a normal cakey texture, which in turn means the baked cake is very gooey, almost seemingly raw - however not a bad thing for me!! I am one to lick a bowl clean.

I did have to give it more time in the oven than the recipe suggests, 10 minutes more in fact, and usually my oven is pretty accurate with recipe times.

I'm going to make Mary Berry's chilli chocolate cake soon, which uses tabasco instead of dried chilli flakes, and compare texture and flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...