Wednesday, April 10

Grind Coffee Bar, Putney and learning about Afghan Cookies

The Good Coffee App strikes again. The best £1.99 you will ever spend.


I found myself in Putney on Tuesday and as I was in a new area and was in desperate need of refreshment, I checked up on my trusty friend The Good Coffee App and let it lead the way. The closest good café it found to Putney Bridge Station was over Putney Bridge, by the Ruvigny Gardens. An unassuming little place called Grind Coffee Bar.



Step inside and you are surrounded by chunky wooden tables in a fairly small space, however they have done well to not make it feel cramped. You are greeted at the counter by extremely friendly (maybe over-friendly, definitely got winked at by the barista ha!) staff and an exciting array of home-made cakes and pastries, my favourite! 

Courtesy of Grind Coffee Bar's Twitter!


I ordered a really great flat white, blends by London Coffee Roasters, and an Afghan Cookie. I'd never come across these before, but apparently they are a New Zealand special! Basically, I saw a pretty huge chocolate cookie with chocolate icing on top and a walnut and was sold.


You can see a sliver of my baroque style Topshop trousers under the table!! Yeah after writing this post I couldn't resist. I got myself down there immediately and got a pair. 

As I started eating the "Afghan" I noticed it wasn't your standard cookie texture, there was definitely something crunchy inside, but it was of a strange texture. I thought it might have been puffed rice, but Google tells me it's broken up cornflakes! Which sounds horrible - If I'd have known that before I would not have chosen it, but thank God I didn't know because it was so tasty.

Now imagine my surprise when I get up to pay and my bill for these two things comes to... £4.00!!! FOUR POUNDS. For coffee and a giant cookie - seriously look how big it was - 


IN LONDON!!!!!! I was in shock, I thought there was a mistake. With service like that and complementary water served on the side I would not have bat an eyelid if it were nearer £6.

Grind Coffee Bar have cafés in Battersea and Westfield, so if you're anywhere near one of them definitely try it out. And let me know if their sausage roll really is the best in the world!

What a great little place. Thanks again, Good Coffee App!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...